Repair your cavities with natural-looking and non-toxic porcelain tooth-colored fillings
By Dr. Chie Li Ee, DMD – Dentist in Cape May, NJ
Fortunately, today’s porcelain tooth fillings look just like the white enamel of your natural teeth so you don’t look like you have fillings. Plus, they’re safe and non-toxic so you can get your tooth repaired without the toxic and unsightly metal “silver amalgam” (mercury) fillings of the past.
Today’s modern porcelain composite tooth fillings are both durable and strong, and the white tooth-colored “composite resin” looks completely natural like your original teeth.
How Porcelain Tooth Fillings Work
- Porcelain fillings usually require just 1 visit.
- First, your tooth and cavity are examined to determine the needed repairs.
- Then a composite resin of porcelain is matched to the color of your natural tooth so they look like your existing teeth.
- After that, Dr. Ee places the composite resin into the space left by the cavity. A special light will be used to harden or “cure” the composite resin.
- Then Dr. Ee will sculpt the resin to match the correct shape of your tooth for optimal appearance and bite.
Ready to get started?
Call (609) 884-5335 for your free consultation or to schedule your dental appointment.